This page is for general content regarding the use of rxtx. Feel free to add your own content.
- Using RXTX In Eclipse
- Wrapping RXTX in an Eclipse Plugin
- Using RXTX In NetBeans
- Deploying JAVA with RXTX
- Documented interface to communicate with serial ports for beginners, including example project
I wrote an app several months ago using javax.comm on windows. Sun has left me high and dry. rxtx help!
- download 
- unzip it
- copy rxtxSerial.dll into your c:\program files\java\jre-version\bin dir
- copy RXTXcomm.jar into your c:\program files\java\jre-version\lib\ext dir
- change all references from 'javax.comm' to 'gnu.io'
Dido Sun left me Hi and dry. After 30+ hours wasting my life on javax.comm it is the RXTXcomm 2.1.7 that really worked the first time
REMEMBER !! for the newbies Change the all occurences of the import javax.comm.*; in MyApps.java TO import gnu.io.*; I did not even have to recompile as suggested the rxtxSerial.dll
a job well done for the rxtx.org team.