(Redirected from Change log)
rxtx-2.1-7 Feb 4, 2006
- Mac OS X x86/universal binaries/install fixes Dmitry Markman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- catch exceptions on flush() so close() works. Adam Walsh <email@example.com>
- more close() performance fixes Ãvind Harboe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Blue Tooth Support cleanup writeByte so close works, send the original exceptions so people can see the exception. Paul <email@example.com>
- %s/\`which java\`/\\\`which java\\\`/g in configure.in Takeshi "Ken" Hamasaki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- System.gc() slows down close() too much. Ãvind Harboe <email@example.com>
- Configure.java message correction
- Use serial_close and serial_open in termios.c
- JNI_OnLoad and JNI_OnUnload are in SerialImp.c now so remove them from init.c Gerrit Telkamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CNI retry on EINTR <email@example.com>
- CNI Ignore SIGXCPU as GCJ garbage collection uses this too. Mark Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CNI Patch to avoid having the SIGPWR signal interrupt select() Mark Anderson <email@example.com>
- CNI debug message cleanups and fd fix Mark Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dont override system properties Klaus Kierer <email@example.com>
- W32 build fixes and Locking fixes Dave Acker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mac OS X auto* build fixes
- liblockdev support
- dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules. Fixed.
- x86_64 Linux Fixes fixes BlackBox Serial now runs
- switch to JNI_VERSION_1_2 -- many people are still using 1.3 JREs
- Thread safer nativeDrain()/flush() method. Philip Gladstone <email@example.com>
- Don't look for unexpected lockfiles in expected places Philip Gladstone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- adding the new properties gnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts and gnu.io.rxtx.ParallelPorts insead of overriding the system properties and uses them only as default values Klaus Kierer <email@example.com>
- release locks when device is unavailable. Tico Ballagas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- J2SE java.util.loggin and property file to match Stephane Cachat <email@example.com>
- termios stack overflow fix for Linux caused by including termbits.h Bill Holmes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Support for USB frobs in Linux (reports are that this does not work exactly as expected with some kernels) Christopher R. Wren <email@example.com>
- configure fix for jdk 1.5
- merged with 2.0 and took small changes from cvs.
- remove debug "Condition" warnings used to debug NT4 issues.
- build without requiring rxtxZystem.dll. Add back the
- TIOCGICOUNT #define for breaks.
- 100 fold speedup of read(byte) and read(byte ...)
- 10 fold speedup of available()
- implementented read(byte,offset,length,terminator);
- select fix that could cause crashes in read and the
- Tried to cause exceptions for possible NT4SP6 writes this was the "Three Blind Mice" test
- Changed build tool chain for XP problems (?). -- "XP Blows up"
- Support for COM1-256
- port reenumeration for people that change win32
- port assignments CommPortIdentifier:getPortIdentifiers()
- Isolated lockup on w32 read.
- Added possible fix for w32 write lockups
- throw error on impossible write situations.
- - small input buffer, large writes.
- All input stream methods are synchronized now. I had this in before cleaning up but thought it was not needed (nothing failed here).
- read() will toss an IOException (caught in the examples below but not in this library) if read thinks there will be a deadlock.
- Some small fixes found while merging with rxtx 2.0 for public release. Just sanity checks for library versions and such.
- - everything is in synch with the public CVS and public prerelease bins are out and being tested. fix for lockup found.
- removed Python and Cygwin code (ZystemImp.c)
- removed extra attempts to fix lockup
- removed previous attempts to fix tcrash
- - the solution before was to avoid using the
- API but now it appears to work with it -crazy
- wrote Zystem (probably will be a seperate library) for logging over the network. Some attempts to fix lockup bugs.
- -pedantic compile passes.
- termios.c cleanup (w32)
- More LPT support for w32
- initial LPT support for w32
- tlockup.m does not lock but fails (?) (W2K SP2)
- tcrash.m does not crash (W2K SP2)
- suite serial passes (W2K SP2)
- debug for flow control and parity switched off.
- Later stage tinkering with flowcontrol and parity fixes. Possibly bugs (w32 has many ways this can be setup).
- testRead() now uses //./COM9 to verify port is usable (fixes bug introduced in pre3)
- build used java/jar/javac 1.3.1_06-b01
- -- initial tinkering with parity --
- fixed //./COM?? so matlab can do s=serial('COM16') -- needed to test tcrash.m
- support for COM1-16 on w32 using //./COM??
- Mark/Space parity fixes on w332
- Solaris Enumeration fixes
rxtx-2.0-5 and rxtx-2.1-6 Oct 17, 2002
- read(byte) does not timeout
- read(byte) returns 0 on timeout (Fixes DalSemi iButtons) Dave Dribin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- QNX Port Bill Smith <email@example.com>
- read() fixes - should be the same as Sun's CommAPI now.
- timout and threshold fixes for above Bill Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- All QA tests passed [except Solaris..waiting for a CDROM].
- Debian lock file fix "Villa Valerio" <email@example.com>
- HP-UX port enumeration fixes. Sheikh, Awais <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- rxtx-2.0 License fixes so Companies may avoid problems. HP legal and the GNU foundation.
rxtx-2.0-4 and rxtx-2.1-5 Aug 15, 2002
- Small fix to avoid autotool version conflicts
rxtx-2.0-3 and rxtx-2.1-4 Aug 13, 2002
- A series of minor bug fixes compile fixes
- Custom speed fixes
- Unix control of buadbase and divisor
- updated tools for builds
- First release since the QA.
- Win CE port Michal Hobot <MichalHobot@netscape.netl>
- Mac OS X fixes Dmitry Markman <email@example.com>
- Multiple runtime fixes.
- timeout fixes and other fixes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- lock file server
- more portable output buffer empty detection
- Compile fixes for jdk 1.3+
1.4-15 and 1.5-8, Dec 5, 2001
- True64 Port Finbarr O'Kane <email@example.com>
- FreeBSD fixes Peter C. Verhage <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- UnixWare and OpenUNIX fixes, fixes for Unexpected Lock files Jonathan Schilling <email@example.com>
- --disable-lockfiles fixed.
- Same exception messages as Sun's CommAPI for baudrate errors.
- pthread writes for OS's other than Linux and Win32.
- OUTPUT_BUFFER_EMPTY for OS's other than Linux and Win32.
- Win32 port enumeration fixes for COM1-8.
- Win32 speed fixes.
- More thread fixes.
- fixes for applications not using Monitor Threads.
- lock file support for Redhat 7.2. Full CommAPI support for Win32, Linux and Solaris.
- Many more forgotten.
- Several days worth of testing (ongoing).
1.4-14 and 1.5-7, Nov 2, 2001
- UnixWare and OpenUNIX ports Jonathan Schilling <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- autotool support for Mac OS X Dmitry Markman <email@example.com>
- Asynch write fixes
- setParityErrorChar() and setEndOfInputChar() added
- getParityErrorChar() and getEndOfInputChar() added
- Lots of tickles a few wacks more error debug info
- fixes by the buckets.
- Thread fixes for open/close/monitorthread/native code
- win32 fixes for NT and win9?
1.4-13 and 1.5-6 Oct 15, 2001
- Mac OS X port to Code Warrier
- Documentation of the above
- possible double deletion fix
- all by Dmitry Markman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Specified port fixes
- Santiago Nicolau <email@example.com>
- Merged with rxtx-1.4
- comm.jar renamed to RXTXcomm.jar to avoid confusion.
- port enumeration fixes
- multiple win32 fixes
- lockfile fixes for native threads
- thread fixes, thread test added.
- user defined lock directory support.
- Many more forgotten.
1.4-12 Oct 10, 2001
- Mac OS X port with Code Warrior in it. Thanks to Dmitry Markman <firstname.lastname@example.org< for the Mac work. (Joseph Golstone <email@example.com> and Paul Tokarchuk <firstname.lastname@example.org> too!)
1.4-11 Oct 4, 2001
- Lock file fixes and others <email@example.com>
- null termination of strings in lock_file and lock file fixes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- If you had problems with green threads jdk the above will probably help.
- Documentation of libsecure issues while running as root Vadim Tkachenko <email@example.com>
- Code Warrior build files for Mac OS X Dmitry Markman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- win32 fixes and enhancments.
1.4-10 (stable) 1.5-5 (devel) Sep 20, 2001
- win32 fixes <email@example.com> (NT tested).
- Initial Solaris port (2.6 tested).
- initial Mac OS X port (10.1 tested) Joseph Goldstone <firstname.lastname@example.org> Paul Tokarchuk <email@example.com>.
- 1.5 package renamed to gnu.io.
- Memory leak Cleanups.
- cross-compile fixes.
- more windows fixes.
- more ioctl support for windows.
- more fcntl suppport for windows.
- misc changes to windows Makefile for building on mingw32 systems in DOS.
- uucp_lock file support.
- Many thanks to Mathworks for Making these happen.
- symbolic link lock files now work (Mandrake) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Configure.in fixes for permission issues Vadim Tkachenko <email@example.com>.
- Closed memleaks on open()/close().
- registered port support.
- Many more since forgotten.
1.4-9 (stable) Jun 21, 2001
- Minor fix of error reporting in lockfiles Steve Drach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mac OS X port Joseph Goldstone <email@example.com>
- enumeration speedups Wayne Roberts <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Documentation changes for lockfiles
- build fixes for jdk 1.1.8, kaffe 0.61
- automation of build tests with support for $JAVA_HOME
- sync with 1.5
1.5-4 (devel) Jan 26, 2000
- Irix build fixes (still needs CFLAGS fixed?) Michael Delgadillo <email@example.com>
- Windows build support with lcc Valentin Pavlov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Windows build fixes with mingw (both need more code)
- put enough support into win32 termios to allow BlackBox to run but not work
- BeOS opens and closes serial ports
- hpux build fixes merged
- merge with rxtx-1.4 fixes and features
- backed out Vector port enumeration
- Futher Documention
1.4-8 (stable) Jan 8, 2001
- irix build fixes (fine tuning required) Tom Mander <email@example.com>
- more lockfile code with testing from "Roberto" <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Chris Portal <email@example.com>
- bsd and linux default to lockfile support
- some documentaion clarifications
1.4-7 Nov 14, 2000 (stable)
- HP-UX fixes for port enumeration Cathrine Guiollot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CLASSPATH build fixes Dale Seaburg <email@example.com>
1.4-6 Oct 29, 2000 (stable)
- support for explicitly-specified lists of ports Martin Pool <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Documentation for explicitly-specified lists of ports Martin Pool <email@example.com>
- Clarification of accessReadWrite() Martin Pool <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- RXTXVersion.java was added
- HP-UX fixes for Serial Support (it may need some fine tuning) Cathrine Guiollot <email@example.com>
- Documentation of RXTX lantency frantz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.1 sec 5.6 lock files.
- UUCP style lock support is needed.
- removed extra files not used in 1.4
- merged config/Makefile fixes from 1.5
- merged win32 fixes from 1.5
- cleanup of ParallelImp.c eventLoop (more needed)
- merged documentation changes from 1.5 that are related.
rxtx-1.5-3 Oct 6, 2000 (devel)
- Initial BeOS Support Brian D. Hindman <email@example.com>
- Win32 cross build fixes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documentation changes D. Bahi <email@example.com>
- Kaffe Support
- freebsd build fixes
- Makefile fixes
- Merged changes from 1.4-5
rxtx-1.4-5 Aug 19, 2000 (stable)
- RXTXPort constructor to set the name to the port being opened. RXTXPort.removeEventListener() fixes/work arounds all by Chris Hamlett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- SGI Irix build fixes Thorsten Schmidt <email@example.com>
- Corrected SerialPortEvent.getNewValue() open()/close() fixes. Chris Hamlett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- SerialPortInstructions.txt contributed by Vaibhav Andleigh/Athena <email@example.com>
- inputBuffer does not dictate read size.
- Makefile cleanup.
- 1.5 stop bit support.
rxtx-1.5-2 Jun 16, 2000 (devel)
- synch with rxtx-1.4 (stable) fixes released.
- Initial work for RawIO support is included. Jim Garvin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rxtx-1.4-4 Jun 15, 2000 (rxtx-1.4-1,2,3 were used to resolve some bugs reported by Chris and Joey)
- An attempt to get eventLoop() to exit properly. Chris Portal <email@example.com>
- data accessed by multiple threads declared volatile.
- synchronization fixes(?) Chris Portal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- get rid of annoying kenrel version messages Joey Armstrong <email@example.com>
- Allow Event loop to die silently after closing the fd.
- LPRPort open() throws PortInUseException not IOException
- cleanup of LPRPort java variable access. Documentation changes Bryce Nesbitt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- HP-UX build fixes (still a messed up compile flag I think) "Peter Pastrnak" <email@example.com>
- if you get HP-UX working please let peter know.
- redo of RXTXPort's read() "Bertrand Renuart"
- Many println's replaced with appropriate exceptions "Bertrand Renuart"
- Suse build fixes. Jean-Francois Fels <Jean-Francois.Fels@cnes.fr>
- jdk-1.3 build fix (lost the email that pointed this out)
- took out extra code from 1.5 development to simplify the package.
rxtx-1.3-13 Apr 3, 2000
- patches for Cyclades support and other multi-port cards that do not support TIOCGICOUNT or TIOCSERGETLSR Jac Kersing <J.Kersing@the-box.com>
- Stallion Card Support Greg Luck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- ~20 additional devices added for Linux.
rxtx-1.3-12 Mar 10, 2000
- Added Calls to DeleteLocalRef to functions get_java_var and throw_java_exception to avoid FATAL ERROR in native method: Outof memory when expanding local ref table beyond capacity W. Craig Trader <email@example.com> and Gareth Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- fixed flush() for printer ports. Robert Perry <email@example.com>
- work around for missed DSR events. Ken Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- readArray behavior fix Gareth Lee <email@example.com>
rxtx-1.3-11 Feb 14, 2000
- Added notification of output buffer empty. Chris Portal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- tracked down a bug in open() (introduced in rxtx-1.3-10) Tim Groner <email@example.com> Ken Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- for people reporting lost bytes. Wayne Robers <email@example.com> Douglas Baker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rxtx-1.3-10 Jan 16, 2000
- Tracked down threshold bugs and Linux configure fixes. Brent J. Nordquist <email@example.com>
- Moxa Driver Support read/write examples libc5 build fixes. Peter Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- FreeBSD configure and compile fixes Soren Dayton <email@example.com>
- Tracked down racing event loops. Alejandro P. Revilla <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rxtx-1.3-9 Dec 4, 1999
- Japanese install instructions Thanks to Masayuki "Tencho" Yamashita <email@example.com>
- IBM JDK support. Thanks for bug reports from Herber Carl Meyer <hcMeyer@mediaone.net> and Scott Simms <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Warning messages when kernel does not match headers Alejandro P. Revilla <email@example.com>
- Documentation of libc5 bugs. Peter Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Warning when there are multiple jni include file paths.
- Win32 code now builds. Thanks to Wayne Roberts for the changes to termios.c.
- FreeBSD builds and works for serial communication.
rxtx-1.3-8 Oct 26, 1999
- Introducing Wayne Roberts Win32 code.
- Thanks to Bertrand Renuart, Andrew Baerst, Mark Lindsey for bug reports.
- NetBSD port Stuart Anderson<email@example.com>
1.3-7 Oct 26, 1999
- Introducing Wayne Roberts Win32 code.
- Multiple minor fixes including large writes and premature port closing.
- NetBSD port Stuart Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1.3-7 Aug 15, 1999
- More Threshold and Timeout fixes.
- Tried to get Printer support working with linux-2.2.11. More work needed
- Comtrol card support by Ken Thompson
1.3-6 Aug 3, 1999
- Threshold and Timeout
- typo fixes in SerialImp.c.
1.3-5 Jun 26, 1999
- bsd compiling using gnu Make
- timeout and threshold code
- dpkg changes include.
1.3-4 Jun 26, 1999
- Printer Support Fixes
- build fixes
- many minor changes (bringing cvs up to date)
1.3-3 May 02, 1999
- hardware flow control fixes.
- software flow control implementation.
- improved config/build.
- many minor fixes.
1.3-2 Mar 27, 1999
- fixes for close() drop DSR and DTR call super.close() Wayne Roberts and Douglas Lau
- When throwing exceptions, include the method name in the message string. Douglas Lau
- fixes fo readArray() used IndexArrayOutOfBoundsException return 0 on readArray(0); Douglas Lau and Will Kassebaum <email@example.com>
- fix for drain(). retry on EINTR Daniel Lintjens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- fixes for configure.in/Makefile.am using System.getProperty
- ParallelImp.c implementation of isPaperOut,isPrinterBusy, isPrinterError,isPrinterSelected,isPrinterTimedOut,
1.3-1 Mar 20, 1999
- A new development series released with Douglas Lau's work. This is mainly referred to as development so vendors that may depend on rxtx-1.2 behavior have time to send feedback.
- A working environment for anyone interested in implementing printer support was added.
1.2-2 Mar 16, 1999
- more minor build fixes for jdk-1.2 should work with 1.1.7 also (tested)
1.2-1 Mar 12, 1999
- Minor build fixes for jdk-1.2 <Anand.Palaniswamy@Eng.Sun.COM>
1.3.1 March 7, 1999
- A new series of develpment releases will be made using Douglas Lau's work
- OO redesign
- Code simplification
- Cyclades support
1.2 Feb 28, 1999
- Minor build fixes for libc5 and linux 2.0 systems.
- A latency fix. (now down to 22 ms on read)
- automake 1.4
1.2-beta-2 Feb 1, 1999
- Stopbit and Speed fixes (Stephen Martin).
- linux libc5 build fix (Cornelius Neubacher).
- Specialix card support (Jose Matos).
- Hardware flow control error message correction (Bob Carptenter and Steve Swicord).
- Sane Event notification defaults (Neil Darlow).
1.2-beta-1 Dec 28, 1998
- Extensive rewrite to native code
- Maybe the bug reporting begin
1.2pre10 Dec 20, 1998
- Event Notification (FE, PE, OE, BI)
- MultiPort Fixes
1.2pre10 Dec 11, 1998
- mips-sgi-irix6.2 build fixes
- MultiPort Fixes
1.2pre9 Dec 7, 1998
- this was a serious of releases to work out builds on mips-sgi-irix6.2
1.2pre8 Nov 30, 1998
- MultiPort Support, fix for binary reads, early stages of events using sigaction.
1.2pre7 Oct 14, 1998
- small fixes
1.2pre6 Oct 6, 1998
- Audited the native source code.
- More build fixes.
- Speed control should work properly.
1.2pre5 Sep 21, 1998
- Hardware Flow Control by David Atkinson
1.2pre4 Aug 12, 1998
- "javacomm20-ea" support by Sheldon Young
1.2pre3 July 8, 1998
- Compile fixes
- updates for CommAPI
1.2p3 July 8, 1998
- Compile fixes
- more descriptive error reporting
- documentation updates
1.2p2 June 6, 1998
- termios passed between java and native code
- fixes noted in 1.1.5p2
1.1.5p2 June 6, 1998
- compile bug fixes
- fixed error message reporting
1.2p1 May 19, 1998
- CommAPI wrapper added.
1.1.5p1 Apr 7, 1998
- compile bug fixes
- added changes from CVS
1.1.5 Mar 17, 1998
- win32 support
- more mangling with libtool
1.1.3p6 Feb 25, 1998
- libtool integrated into the package
- automake integrated into the package
1.1.3p5 Feb 1, 1998
- Port Selection fix.
- Small Makefile fix.
1.1.3p4 Jan 30, 1998
- SunOS support (initial) thanks to <a href="mailto:Michael.Forte@Corp.Sun.COM">Michael Forte</a>
- makeraw() fix
1.1.3p3 Jan 18, 1998
- Added termios(3) funtions and FD class.
- Javadoc'ed classes
1.1.3p2 Jan 16, 1998
- Complete rewrite.
- Now have SerialIn/Output.class's.
1.1.3p1 Jan 15, 1998
- Speed was not being changed properly.
1.1.3p0 Jan 13, 1998
- JDK-1.1.3 fixes.
1.1.1p2 May 23, 1997
- Replaced terio with termios.
1.1.1p1 May 22, 1997
- Obj dirs for different os's. per request.
1.1.1p0 May 21, 1997
- Support for jdk 1.1.1.
- Dropped support for 1.0.2
because of the jni in 1.1.1.
- The native code required many changes.
0.50 March 17, 1997
- Buffered input/output use of FileDescriptors.
- Removed most of the native code.
- Deleted RO.java.
0.22 March 14, 1997
- Everything is now controlled from Main.java.
- Renamed classes for easier reading.
- Debug info for open(), write().
- Prevent reading from bad fd.
- Dump hex for RX as an example in RO.java.
0.21 March 12, 1997
- Removal of hard coded vars Makefile.
- Removed the last remnants of my GPS program.
- Fixed Main.java by making it wait for TX to finish (thanks to oliver).
- Irix support. (thanks to oliver).
0.2 March 11, 1997
- Added autoconf ability.
0.1 March 10, 1997
- Just tossed the stuff together.